Fall brings a slew of parties, brunches, and other exciting gatherings. Tailgating at the stadium or celebrating a girls’ day out at the wineries are perfect occasions to try out a curling wand or other hair tools and sport a new ‘do.
A glam hairstyle is also the perfect accessory for anything from a bridal shower to Thanksgiving dinner with family or friends. Using the right hai tools, whether that’s a curling wand or flat iron, you can achieve any look and ensure your style lasts longer than the event.
Here are three hairstyles you can achieve with your curling wand that will carry you through New Year’s Eve.
Prep Your Hair for the Perfect ‘Do
Any style begins with the right preparation. Follow these three easy steps before styling for hair that looks like you stepped straight out of the salon.
- Wash and condition your hair with Karmin Moisture Restoring Shampoo and Karmin Strengthening Conditioner
- Apply mousse from root to ends of hair, combing through to ensure that mousse is evenly distributed.
- Spray on Karmin Heat Protector Spray from roots to tips, and comb through.
Glam Waves for Long and Medium Hair
Love the classic old Hollywood long wavy hairstyle you see on red carpets? Here’s how to do it yourself.
- Start blow drying hair with your Karmin Salon Series Ultralight Professional Hair Dryer. When hair is about 25 percent dry, apply a small amount of hair volumizer from mid-shaft to ends for extra volume, and then finish drying.
- When hair is completely dry, section hair, and then pick up your Karmin G3 Salon Pro Clipless Curling Wand to curl the mid-shaft of the hair. Leave the ends out for a modern look.
- After all the sections have been curled, clip hair up in sections in a wavy pattern.
- Using a flexible hold hairspray, gently spritz the hair to set the look.
- After 15 minutes, or when hair is cool, remove the clips and shake hair out.
- Apply a dime-size amount of Karmin Argan Hair Oil (found in the Karmin 4 Step Hair Repair and Smoothing System) to ends for additional shine and smoothness.
Short Hair Chic
With a bob or short hair, volume and controlled waves in front and a sleek back make every look selfie-ready.
- Blow dry the top of your hair with the Karmin Hair Dryer. Use a small round brush for volume. Use a paddle-style brush while blowing the back and sides to keep it sleek and close to the head.
- When the hair is dry, lightly spray styling gel on the longer front of the hair. Then use the Karmin G3 Salon Pro Clipless Curling Wand to create waves.
- Create a deep side part, so that the waves fall on one side, and tuck the hair on the other side of the face behind the ear.
- Apply a tiny amount of Karmin Argan Hair Oil (found in the Karmin 4 Step Hair Repair and Smoothing System) to ends for additional shine and smoothness.
- Finish off the look with a long-lasting hairspray.
Flirty Lob and Bob
Add movement, volume and sexiness to your lob or bob with this easy ‘do.
- Use a flat paddle brush, dry the hair from root to end with Karmin Hair Dryer from the Karmin Salon Series Hair Straightener and Dryer Combo Set. While blow drying, bend the hair at mid-shaft to create added bounce.
- Use the nozzle of the blow dryer to dry bangs; shaking the dryer to fluff up the bangs to give them movement.
- Now use the hair straightener through the hair, twisting and turning it to add volume.
- You can use your curling wand to flip up the edges for an awesome retro ‘do, or leave the bottom straight.
- Finish with a volumizing hairspray for texture.
Be Ready for Anything
From unpredictable weather to spur of the moment plans, the only sure thing about autumn is that it’s full of surprises. Be ready for anything with your Karmin Hair Tools and these three easy styles.